Welcome to our weekly series, The Railway City Mayor's Update with our Mayor, Joe Preston.The week in review and the week coming up! Some of the things we covered were the Pride Flag Raising, the Element5 Co manufacturing plant coming town, and the After Dark Music and Hors d'oeuvre Salon style event happening at the Art Centre this Thursday the 25th. For all the details and events, click through to the article:
Posted by Establish Media on Tuesday, July 23, 2019
The Railway City Mayor’s Update, Episode 14.
– Agricultural Round Table for municipal leaders to hear from the agricultural community.
– New Industry coming to town, Element5 Co., a wood manufacturing company is coming to town.
– Meeting with the St. Joseph’s Forensic Mental Health Unit
– Pride Flag Raising – Proclamation from the city. It’s important for us to be welcoming and all accessible.
– After Dark, An intimate night out at the Art Centre on the 25th of July, this Thursday the 25th with music from The Pairs and Iam Chadney and food from the Windjammer Inn and wine from Quai du Vin Estate Winery.
– “In View of the Artist” Call for Entries from the St. Thomas-Elgin Public Art Centre. Click here for details: http://www.stepac.ca/exhibitions—submissions.html
– Iron Horse Festival is coming up in the middle of August. They still need volunteers, so touch base to help out.
– July 31st, the mayor will go around town on a scooter to see first hand the accessibility challenges people face in St. Thomas.